Personal Injury Law

A winning team at your side

Personal Injury Lawyer

Have you been injured? Don’t wait. Call now.

Newport Beach, California

If you have been injured in a car, on a bike, by a dog, in a trip and fall, or by a defective product, call Newport Beach Personal Injury Lawyer Charles Pernice for a FREE CONSULTATION today. If we accept your case, we will represent you or your loved one with the tenacity and empathy that you and your family members deserve.

There are NO FEES unless we successfully obtain compensation on your behalf.

Decades of Accident Law and Trial Experience

Personal Injury Lawyer Charles Pernice has decades of accident law and trial experience. We have settled and litigated hundreds of accident injury cases and obtained millions of dollars for our clients. We understand how financially and physically devastating an accident can be. We have the experience and expertise in accident law cases to patiently guide you through this difficult time. And we have the expertise and resources necessary to persuade the insurance company to pay you the compensation you deserve.

Accident Law Practice Areas

Contact us today if you have been involved in any of the following:

  • Auto, Truck, Bus or Motorcycle Accident
  • Slip & Falls
  • Dog Bites
  • Bike Accidents
  • Pedestrian versus car accidents
  • Food Contamination poisoning
  • Products Liability
  • Legal or Medical Malpractice

Auto, Truck, Bus or Motorcycle Accidents

California has strong but complicated laws that give you the right to receive compensation if you are injured in a motor vehicle accident. You need an expert personal injury lawyer or attorney to navigate California’s maze of complex accident injury laws. We will collect all the necessary medical records, bills and lost income evidence to prove your case and present it to the insurance carrier in the most persuasive and effective manner possible and maximize to financial recovery.

Slip & Falls

If you are injured while lawfully on someone’s property, you have the right to compensation if the owner created or permitted a dangerous condition and knew or should have known that it was not safe.

Dog Bites

California holds dog owners strictly liable for anyone bitten as long as the dog was not intentionally provoked by the victim.

Bike Accidents

If you are hit by a negligent driver while lawfully riding your bike, you have the right to sue for damages. Under California law your uninsured motorist insurance will cover your damages if the driver is not insured.

Pedestrian/Car accidents

If you are hit by a car while walking as a pedestrian on a sidewalk or in a crosswalk, you have the right to sue for the serious damages that often result from this kind of accident. And, your uninsured motorist insurance will cover your personal injury damages if the driver is not insured.

Food Contamination Poisoning

If you suffer an injury from eating food at a restaurant that was spoiled or had a foreign object in it, you have the right to sue for damages. Make sure you preserve some of the contents of the contaminated food for lab examination and analysis.

Legal or Medical Malpractice

Doctors and lawyers can make mistakes and sometimes those mistakes are life altering. If a mistake has been made that leads to a serious personal injury or loss of legal rights, you may be entitled to damages. If you have been a victim of legal or medical malpractice, call us for a FREE CONSULTATION today.

Product Liability

As a consumer you have the right to buy a product and to be safe while using it. If you or a loved one has been injured by a consumer product, you need an experienced and knowledgeable personal injury lawyer and trial attorney.

Free Consultation with an experienced Personal Injury Lawyer

Call the us today and get a FREE CONSULTATION with an experienced Personal Injury Attorney.

Accident damages available to you under California law:

Economic damages:

These damages are easily determined since they can all be objectively verified:

  • Lost income
  • Lost earning capacity
  • Loss of employment
  • Medical expenses, current and future
  • Car or Motorcycle repairs
  • Funeral expenses

Non-Economic damages:

This kind of damage is not easily quantified since it is proved by subjective suffering from:

  • Emotional distress
  • Physical pain
  • Disfigurement and disability
  • Loss of companionship as in the death of a spouse or child

There are no limits on non-economic damages. But California law doesn’t allow a victim without car insurance to recover non-economic damages, only economic (medical, wage losses etc.) damages are permitted. We will assist you in determining how much you can expect from this kind of damages claim during your FREE CONSULTATION

Accident Law and Insurance Companies

Personal injury law pays victims of accidents who’ve suffered physical or emotional injuries because of the negligence of a third party. Accident injury cases can be very complex and difficult to resolve for the right amount of compensation since insurance companies do everything possible to limit the amount of money paid out on each claim. You should not try to negotiate or settle your case without an expert attorney who have the expertise and track record necessary to fight the wealthy insurance companies and their unlimited resources.

What to Do if You Get into a Motor Vehicle Accident:

  1. If there are injuries, call 911. If the only damage is to vehicles, call the police and ask them to make a written incident report and get the report number.
  2. Get driver information. Ask for the names, telephone numbers, addresses, and license numbers of every driver involved. Get a photo or write down all license plate numbers and ask for a copy of driver’s licenses.
  3. Get passenger & witness information. Write down the names, phone numbers, and addresses of any passengers or witnesses.
  4. Take pictures. Use your phone or a camera to take photos of any car damage and the scene of the accident, including road signs, stoplights, and any other pertinent objects.
  5. Notify the DMV. If car damage exceeds $750 or there are any injuries, you are required to notify the DMV. Failure to timely do so may result in license suspension, even if you are not at fault for the collision.
  6. Medical Treatment. Promptly get a medical evaluation and treatment. Delay in treating gives the adverse driver’s insurance company a defense that you may not have been injured by this accident. Save all of your medical records or bills.
  7. What if the other driver is Uninsured? Many drivers are uninsured but drive anyway. In California, if you are injured by someone without car insurance, we can still assist you in getting compensated for your injuries under your own car insurance’s uninsured motorist coverage.
  8. Statute of Limitations:  There is a statute of limitations for filing a claim for injuries. Because the statute of limitations can bar your recovery, you must act quickly and contact our firm to figure out when the time limitations bar applies and to protect your rights.

What to Expect from a Car Accident Claim in California?

  • We will present your claim to the other driver’s insurance company after we gather the supporting medical records and other necessary evidence.
  • • 99% of accident cases can often be resolved without a trial if it is handled by an experienced injury attorney from the early stages on. Too many people try to negotiate a settlement without an attorney and end up hurting their case.
  • If we are not able to settle your case, we will then file a lawsuit and pursue your claim in court.
  • We have experienced injury attorneys who can help you take the case to trial and weigh the pros and cons of filing a lawsuit versus settling your claim without trial.
  • Not all lawyers are able to represent you in court. We have the experience to take your case to court. We also have the experience to know when to negotiate the best settlement for your case without going to court.


Call us today for a FREE CONSULTATION and let us begin the process of getting you the payment you deserve.

Do I have a case?

Let's find out.

All of our cases are accepted on a contingency fee basis. If we don’t succeed in securing you a financial recovery, we don’t get paid.

Give us a call

(949) 440-0860

Get in touch with us

Get in touch with us